Tuesday, July 21, 2026

My Thoughts On Yakousei Amuse's New Lineup Unveiling Concert "NEW PARADE"

 For a solid two or three months, Yakousei Amuse has been performing with a six member lineup. I don't think anyone (besides Nako fans) had any issues with this lineup, as it was made up of six unique and incredibly strong performers. But that era has officially come to an end now that their two new members, Inori Maria and Kokoro Kyun, have officially made their stage debut. Their debut concert taking place at Toyosu PIT, the show titled "NEW PARADE". As always, they live-streamed this concert to YouTube for free. And I have some thoughts to share. 


The show begins with a custom SE, as is tradition for new lineup unveiling lives. The visuals were quite interesting to watch. It referenced Maria and Kyuns assigned Yoruami themes (Moonlit Chapel for Maria, Princess Castle for Kyun), which is just a neat little detail I enjoyed. I almost couldn't take this SE seriously though, because I'm like 99% sure I know which ElevenLabs AI voice they used. I can't recall what it's called, it might be the Santa one, but I've definitely heard that exact voice and cadence before. 

Moving onto the actually concert, the setlist consisted of;

1. Yakousei Introduce
2. Twilight Adventure
3. Fancy Popcorn
4. Jelasique Park
5. Digital Tattoo
MC  
6. Maji Neverland (New song!)
7. Headliner Girl
8. High-Shout Downer
9. Masshigura Koigokoro
10. Love Melody
11. DENPA DANCE
MC
12. Yoiyami Express
13. Happy Night, Happy Land
14. S.I.G
15.  Starry Night Dance
16. Atarayo Planet
17. Exotic Telepathy
MC + Ending

I don't have much to say regarding this setlist. Good songs overall, although having Exotic Telepathy as the final song felt a little anti-climatic. Personally, I think DENPA DANCE would've been a great ender. High energy, very Yoruami, and if I'm not mistaken, it's one of their more popular songs. Similar popularity to Exotic Telepathy, but still. 

I really enjoyed the new song they revealed, Maji Neverland. It's another one of their more rock-influenced songs, which are some of their best songs. It's super hype, and even when you're just hearing it for the first time, it's super engaging. The chorus is vibrant and catchy, and throughout the song it really highlights each members strengths. I look forward to seeing this song performed more, I'd like to maybe see a dance practice video or MV come out as well.

Between the two new girls, Maria stood out to me the most. She's got former idol experience, being an STU48 alumni. To me, she gives off this princessy elegant vibe. But that elegance doesn't hold her back from performing Yoruami's more high energy songs. She's got a gorgeous voice, high stamina and versatility, and gives Yoruami that pinch of elegance they've been missing for a while now. 

Kyun on the other hand, I feel a bit more critical towards. She's very pretty, and I don't have anything against her personally. But, I'm not sure if adding her, a clear rookie, to a group as established as Yoruami was a great idea. Especially during the beginning of the concert, her energy wasn't really matching with the rest of the group. And even at her highest, she can't seem to project or stabilize her voice as much as the other members. She didn't make it in iLiFE for this reason, why add her to an equally as demanding and high energy group? Compared to the others, her performance came off as sorta lackluster a lot of the time. You could definitely attribute that to nerves and inexperience, and I have no doubt she'll grow as a performer in the upcoming months and years. But to me, I feel like she's much more suitable for a more rookie-ish/less established group. I could see her in CAL&RES or maybe Dress Code, she could've been the pink member of that new group Now Storage as well. Hell, I'd even argue even iON would suit her better than Yoruami. Speaking of which, just when are we getting that new pink iON member? It's been like... a while. Around six or seven months, jeez. No new songs either, not even any solo birthday songs.

I'm getting off track. Anyways, the concert was pretty fun to watch overall. I think my favorite song of the night was S.I.G, I always really enjoy that song. It's just so cool, I don't know how else to describe it. The dance practice video for that song blew me away when I first saw it, I genuinely thought it was concert footage or something at first glance. The concert set design was pretty nice as well. Nothing too crazy, but the lights on the wall in the back seemed to resemble stars in sky... I just thought it looked really pretty. 

That's about all I have to talk about today. Hopefully I didn't offend any Kyun fans? ...I do like her, she was one of the people I was rooting for during the iLiFE auditions. But I also understand why she wasn't picked. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idol Battle Alive 2026 ~ Episode 2 In Review

To recap your memory, in the last episode we got to know four out of the nine groups participating in this year's Idol Battle Alive. Ido...