Friday, December 12, 2025

It’s been a while, let’s catch up!

 It’s been a while since my last blog post. A year and about six months to be exact. I’ve noticed that recently I’ve been kind of slacking off on my wota-ness, if that makes any sense at all. I haven’t been keeping up with groups I like as much as I used too, which has lead me feeling totally bored. My hope is that by writing in this blog about idols I like, I won’t be so bored anymore. Anyways, today I would like to take a moment and review how my taste has evolved in the past year and a half! 

Let’s start by revisiting the groups and people I’ve talked about in the past. Panic Monster !n Wonderland now has ten members, Oiran dochu dropped down to four, Yunopino has become a founding member of the new Spiral Music group Jankenpon, Airi’s still in Cuugal, no clue what Kanchan is up to after she graduated from Cuugal, and AiMio are now an idol duo. I believe those are all the groups and people I’ve talked about on this blog so far. 

Yunopino’s new group Jankenpon really interests me. She debuted in July with three other girl, Nanaco (red), Miori (light blue), and Kii (yellow) — Yunopino’s member color is, of course, pink. Then in September, a new member was added; Sophie (purple). This group is so adorable, I adore watching their live shows (of which they post on YouTube). They’re always so energetic. I hope they release some kind of music video in the future! I really want to watch this group succeed.

⊹₊ ˚‧︵‿₊୨୧₊‿︵‧ ˚ ₊⊹

Another group I’ve been really into is Pastel Closet. They’re this years Tif de Debut group, along with being a collaboration group between HEROINES and TWIN PLANET. The members are all really cute and have lots of personality. They’ve got 8 members; Sakura (pink), Reia (red), Mitsu (white), Kaho (green), Nonoka (blue), Maika (orange), Minori (purple), and Ai (yellow). 

My oshi is Kaho, from what I’ve seen she’s kind of the “class clown” of the group. Shes just so funny all the time. But honestly it’s really hard to pick an oshi from this group because they’re all so lovable. They’ve got three music videos made so far. My favorite is definitely their most recent song, Oni KawaWe! It’s so positive and cute. I really like the scenes near the middle where they’re taking selfies and photos together. 

But you know what’s even better than a cute music video? The fact that Pastel Closet is releasing their first album this month! It’s called Pastel Note and will be released on December 24th. It features all of their unreleased songs, so go check them out!

⊹₊ ˚‧︵‿₊୨୧₊‿︵‧ ˚ ₊⊹

Now, I know this blog is mainly for chika idols but I gotta admit, I’ve really been into AKB48 this past month. Apparently I listened to like… over 100 of their songs in one day. That feels absurd, but Airbud’s doesn’t lie. 

Anyways, they recently did a huge 4 day budokan event for their 20th anniversary and just.. wow. You could really tell how much love was put into every day of this event. So many legendary members came back. Even as a total newgen, I teared up a little bit watching that Sakura no Hanabiratachi on the final day with almost all the former members. Truly an amazing celebration of AKB48. 

They also announced the 21st generation members! My favorite is Makito Ema. Shes got huge boba eyes and is such a joy to watch perform. Tune into current day AKB48 if you haven’t already, they’ve got lots of lovable faces. 

⊹₊ ˚‧︵‿₊୨୧₊‿︵‧ ˚ ₊⊹

The final group I want to talk about today is Fav Me. They’re under PEAK SPOT, which is a subsidiary of ASOBISYSTEM. Honestly, I’m shocked at how underrated they are considering they’re under ASOBISYSTEM, the same company that manages Kawaii Lab and ATARASHII GAKKO?! Anyways, they were formed this February with seven members; Azusa (light blue), Karen (purple), Komari (pink), Maika (red), Runa (orange), Marin (yellow), and Rana (green).

My oshi is Komari. I actually discovered Fav Me through her after a picture of her singing popped up on my Twitter timeline. Shes got this never-fading smile and is so so so energetic and positive all the time. She’s a former member of two groups, most notably (to me) being #Mooove!. They’re a group under 01Familia, which is a company I used to follow back in 2022-2023 but got bored of after my babababambi oshi (Akanen) graduated. Anyways, seeing idols from underground (or as random YouTube commenter says—unserious) companies move to larger more established companies is always so nice to see. 

My favorite song of theirs is probably Suki Nanka Ja Nyai. It’s just a fun song and the music video is adorable. Their ishou’s feel reminiscent of AKB48’s Heavy Rotation (which is iconic). 

⊹₊ ˚‧︵‿₊୨୧₊‿︵‧ ˚ ₊⊹
That’s about all I wanted to talk about today, hopefully I start updating this blog more regularly? I dunno, I have no schedule or anything. I was definitely supposed to use the time I took to write this to finish my history assignment that’s due today, but priorities. Anyways, hope you found some new songs to listen to, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idol Battle Alive 2026 ~ Episode 2 In Review

To recap your memory, in the last episode we got to know four out of the nine groups participating in this year's Idol Battle Alive. Ido...