Wednesday, December 31, 2025

The iLiFE Girls Have Transformed Into Magical Racers!

 I know this MV was released like a week ago. I was going to cover it when it was released but I.. forgot. I’m also on vacation right now, so uh, I have an excuse. 

Anyways, my absolute favorite group iLiFE recently released an MV for their newest song; MeroMera. This song was first revealed during their annual winter tour JAPANLIFE and it’s so so so cool!!

This song’s kinda similar to #LOVECODE, except with a racing theme and an insane budget. I think MeroMera’s a little poppier than #LOVECODE as well. As of writing this, both #LOVECODE and MeroMera’s MV’s have the same amount of views, which is cool. 

The MV is just… insane. It’s crazy to see iLiFE, who's first non-animated MV was literally the members just dancing in front of a video with some ok camerawork, have a budget like THIS. I know they’ve become one of if not THE most popular chika idol group (are they even chika anymore?). But the CGI and special effects here are just wowing. Just look~~

Each member has their own unique racecar!! I think Miki’s car is my favorite, but Karen and Aisu’s are contenders for my favorite as well. Mamu’s is cute too lol

See what I mean about the budget? This MV is too cool :’)

Harukaaa!!! I honestly didn’t expect her to get the first line, but she killed it

Aisu and Karen are doing the same facial expression here lol, cute

Let the race begin!!

Riri-chan~

Her little racer mascot guy is so cute. Is it a RICE COOKER?! Her and her love of rice is unstoppable lol

Aisu~

Riri’s love of rice VS Aisu’s love of ice cream, wonder what would win

Usa-chan~

Her little bunny mascot!!!!

Noa-nyan~

Her’s is frutiger aero themed I think? That’s so cool

Mini-chan~

Baby mouse with her baby mouse racers, cute

Mamu-chan~

Somehow, the big guy suits Mamu very well

Karen~

I was just thinking bats suit Karen. That IS a bat, right? Hmm

Miki-chan~

As I said earlier, her cart is my favorite. An elegant flower mascot driving a rough car wheel is so Miki

Haruru~

Her little mascot is so cute!!!!!

This title card is really cool looking!!

Kawaii >///< 

Aisu really is the best girl ever

Mamu has such cute eyes hehe

NOA uses: LUCKY NEKO CHARM ATTACK!

AND BLOWS UP THE RACE TRACK OHMYGOD

HER LITTLE FACE AGSHUGEGS SHES ADORABLE 

Her little devil horns are so cute!! I really like these plaid outfits hehe

Grrrrr Aisu’s very angry!! Look at the… green… pixel smoke…(?) coming out of her ears!! Very angry!!

This choreographies silly

Riri’s face lol xd 

High five :D

Look at their cool boots!! And their legs… *///*

MIKI chooses: YOU!

Hands up!!

These ishou’s are seriously cute. I really like the corsets with the jewels and such

Mini was such a good addition to the group, shes just endlessly cute

What’s this cat so surprised about?

AISU uses…


ICE FREEZE!!

Here comes the best part of the song *_*

The screenshot doesn’t do it justice, but this part is so satisfyingggg

Mamu’s voice really suits this part, the special electronic autotune-y effect they added is really the cherry on top

Look at this mischievous little mouse lol

Prince Karen… you’re so pretty

I just LOVE her voice *_*

Miki’s so cool here I had to turn her into a gif. A simple screenshot just wouldn’t catch how cool this little moment was

Usa!! How painfully underrated you are.. poor bunny girl

Usa and Haruka collide!!

Riri tryna steal Usa’s spotlight >:( 

Move girl!! Let her have the spotlight just this once

And here comes everyone else, lol

What’s with that face?? 

Noa’s so funny lol what’s her deal

Too close *///*

This MV is just too cool.. I’m really interested to see how it was filmed! I hope Aisu posts one of those MV makings on her YouTube like she has for Kyun to Craft and Yume Climbing. 

Are they in SPACE?? Is this a space concert??? The lore of this MV just keeps getting deeper. 

Haruka looks like a koala here, so cutee

The screenshot looks like a photo from an actual live performance

I’m so obsessed with Riri’s devil themed ishou!!!

This shot kinda reminds me of Mugen Daisuki :’) 

Karen is so handsome… her girlfriend (Riri)’s so lucky hehe

This shot’s so freaking cool looking

Noa looks so cute with thick pigtails!!

Mamu and Mini look so done with Miki lol. At least Mini’s tryna hide her annoyance but Mamu’s full on ‘Ugh’ in this frame

Meanwhile, Miki’s just Mikiing

Now they’re REALLY in space!

Watch out Aisu!!! Haruka and Miki are coming straight at you!!!!

Aww, does poor little mouse girl have a headache? 

Or perhaps you’re upset you’re the only one left without a partner to stare at? You look pretty ok now, though…

Now what are you upset at? 

:00 

Her smile is so pretty <3

Just realized how few Aisu pictures I put in here, which is unfortunate considering she’s literally my kamioshi 

Look at her cute gloves!!! The lacing is soooooo pretty 

Cutie~~ :3

The race comes to a tie between all nine racers!!

The prize goes to everyone!!!

And the MV ends with a shot that features all the members signatures

This MV was so much fun, I ADORE the whole Mario Cart-esque theming. The custom racers/race cars that represent the members were such a nice touch to this already perfect MV. 

As you probably already know, the budget for this MV blew my mind. iLiFE with an MV like this makes me so proud. I’ve been a fan of them since their biggest achievement was Idol Life Starter Pack blowing up. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, no matter how many times iLiFE looses members, gets in a scandal, “falls off”, etc, they ALWAYS manage to come back stronger. That’s something I really admire about the group. 

The song is incredibly catchy. Not a single part of it is bad or boring, which is honestly kind of expected of iLiFE. I wonder when MeroMera, Yume Climbing, and Kyun to Craft are gonna be on streaming. Matter of fact, when are we getting that Kanzenshori Love & Good MV? The other song that, along with Yume Climbing, was revealed at Budokan? Whatever, that’s not relevant right now. 

The current iLiFE lineup is so strong, I can only anticipate it getting stronger with the new pink member they’re currently doing auditions for. But no matter who joins, I’ll support her endlessly :) I look forward to seeing this amazing song performed in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idol Battle Alive 2026 ~ Episode 2 In Review

To recap your memory, in the last episode we got to know four out of the nine groups participating in this year's Idol Battle Alive. Ido...