2026 is off to an… okay start. This year has felt kinda doomed ever since iON’s pink member Koharu Nene was kicked out due to an “extreme breach of contract”, which is basically just code for “had a boyfriend.” Yes that was technically last year. I don’t care, I’m talking about it now because seriously! When is Imaginate gonna let that dating ban go?! These constant withdrawals are the exact reason why people are starting to loose interest in your groups, Imaginate.
On the contrary though, I do wonder why idols under HEROINES keep getting involved with fans. I’m not blaming them at all, the dating ban is undeniably stupid and overprotective. But like, an underground idols career isn’t normally super long anyways, I feel like it can’t be that hard to wait till graduation before hooking up. It’s not like anyone’s unaware of Imaginate’s strict policy. But maybe that’s my aromantic-ness talking. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if more than a few of these girls were sorta… forced into a relationship. In which case, I feel horrible for and hope they’re doing well after withdrawal. And even if they weren’t forced, I guess maybe things just happen. I dunno, I don’t date, I don’t know how any of this works. Don’t take this as me defending the dating ban, it’s weird.
At the end of the day, time will always just keep passing; new members will be added, new music will be released, and someday disbandment will come and your saioshi will retire and disappear from the public. That’s simply how the cycle of j-idols work, never get too comfortable or attached to a lineup.
Anyways, now that fans have had time to accept the sad sad fact that Nene’s left, iON has just announced that Osu Kanon of Tenshinranman and Maisen Ekubo of Nanakorobi Yaoki will be joining as support members. Both of their member colors are pink, of course.
These two have a surprising amount of stuff in common. For one, both of their main groups from one HEROINES’s non-Tokyo branches. Kanon’s being from Nagoya, and Ekubo’s being from Osaka. Furthermore, both of their original member colors are red. They’re also both people I did not expect to temporarily join iON. I honestly kind of expected a MEGAFON member to join.
I feel like Kanon and Ekubo being from different prefectures and cities might make activities with iON a little hard. That could be why there’s two support members instead of just one, in case one can’t make it to a performance or something. Kanon’s also still in high school, so Ekubo, whom I assume is in her 20s, joining alongside her was definitely a good idea on their part.
Honestly, seeing the two in pink instead of their usual red threw me off a bit. I’m just so used to seeing them in red LOL. I feel like it suits them better, especially Ekubo. But they’re both cute in pink too :))
Kanon’s already made her debut with iON. The performance was streamed to YouTube and I heavily suggest watching it, it’s a good show. Nothing too special or crazy, but a fun performance regardless. I don’t think Ekubo’s debuted yet though.
All in all, I do really miss Nene. I’d been following her since her Kenkyuusei era and was really excited seeing her debut. It’s unfortunate her career ended so abruptly because of Imaginate’s overbearing rules. But I do look forward to this new era of iON, because the one thing groups under HEROINES are best at is coming back from controversies stronger than before. iLiFE’s proven this many times. I have absolutely no doubt iON will recover with grace.


No comments:
Post a Comment