Monday, January 19, 2026

Chegattz Succesors; Cheeky ♡ Turtles and Chiitan ☆ Bombers

I’ve been aware of Chegattz since their debut. I didn’t follow them super closely or anything, but I did enjoy their performances. After their disbandment back in March of 2025, their remaining members redebuted under either Cheeky ♡ Turtles, or Chiitan ☆ Bombers. Now, I meant to get into these groups back when they debuted, but I totally procrastinated and now it’s 2026. So… let’s just talk about them now.

Starting off with the group that took most of their younger members, Chiitan ☆ Bombers! As you could probably tell, this group is heavily themed after Japan’s infamous Mascot Chiitan. And guys, I really like this group, I can’t believe I didn’t get into them sooner. 

They’ve currently got seven members; Momose Ron (pink), Himekawa Moe (purple), Natsume Yukari (green), Nono (yellow), Shinomiya Anri (light blue), Koiha Mero (white), and Cocomi Coco (red). Unlike everyone else, Mero and Coco aren’t former Chegattz members, which I thought was interesting.

I rediscovered them after stumbling across this live performance posted to YouTube. I’m kind of a sucker for these types of colorful ishou’s. While watching, I found myself really drawn to their pink member, Rin. Despite being their youngest member, she kills it! Shes a really good dancer for her age, honestly. However, the most memorable part of these performance HAS to go to when their yellow member, Nono, got sturdy during the third song’s instrumental break. And with the way the other members reacted, you can tell that wasn’t in the original choreography. Yukari looked so dumbfounded lol. I love when groups aren’t afraid to get silly.

You may have noticed that, despite Chiitan Bombers being a group of seven, only six were featured in the performance above. Yea, they almost never performed with their full lineup. One or more members are always missing, it’s just how the group is.

Theyve currently got one original song out on streaming services; Hetotsu, which translates to fart. It’s a song about farting, what more could I expect from a kids group? Y’know what’s funny, I feel like we just talked about that group -SETSUNA-, the one that had that lyric about farts. Such a strange reoccurring topic on this blog. Anyways, it’s unfortunately an incredibly catchy song. The MV for it doesn’t feature any of the girls sadly, just two Chiitans. But it’s a fun watch regardless.

They’ve also got this other group called Chiitan Bombers OSK which is made up of three teams; Team O (orange), Team S (yellow), and Team K (pink). They were formed a few months after Chiitan Bombers and have like 25 members currently. I don’t think they have any original music (yet?), but they’re still a fun group to watch perform.

Now, let’s finally move onto Chegattz other successor group; Cheeky Turtles. Also known as Cheeky-Ta, or Chikiita, or Chiquita. I’m not quite sure what the romanization of their group name is to be honest, they call themselves チキータ, or Chikiita. But they also occasionally call themselves Cheeky Turtles. I’ve also seen people called them Chiquita or Cheeky-Ta, so… I’ll just call them by the literal romanization of their name, Chikiita. Simplest answer. 

They’ve currently got seven members; Ehuku Iroha (orange), Hoshimiya Karen (yellow), Kusunoki Fumine (red), Miyaichi Meru (white), Ehuku Kaho (blue), RION (purple), and RINKU (green). Similarly to C☆B, Chikiita also almost never performs with their full group. In fact, Moe of C☆B often performs as a support member of Chikiita during their concerts. 

Between Chikiita and C☆B, I was definitely less interested in Chikiita than I was C☆B at first. But now that I’ve officially given the group a chance, I see their charms. They took most of Chegattz older members, which gives the group a more mature feel, but that doesn’t make their lives any less fun to watch. My favorite member is their oldest girl, Meru. She’s a really good performer and I like her voice! Plus, she’s got super long hair, which makes her even prettier than she already is. This performance in particular really shows how cute she is. 

They’ve also got one original song out on streaming services; CHEEKY LOVE GANG. There’s no MV unfortunately. Luckily, the song is REALLY good. I might even like it better than Hetotsu. The chorus is so so good!! I really like their voices hehe. The instrumental is super cute too. I’m not sure how to describe this song without calling just calling it fun over and over again, but that’s what it is!!! Fun songs are good songs.

I can’t believe I didn’t get into these groups sooner. Chiitan Bombers and Chikiita are both groups with very promising futures, hopefully we’ll get some more original music, maybe even some MV’s. All in all, I look forward to seeing what 2026 brings these talented girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idol Battle Alive 2026 ~ Episode 2 In Review

To recap your memory, in the last episode we got to know four out of the nine groups participating in this year's Idol Battle Alive. Ido...