Wednesday, December 17, 2025

My Thoughts on MADS INK’s Newest Group ‘Zetsubou Kinema’

It feels like recently, every group is disbanding. #BABABABAMBI, Priciere, almost every WACK group. And now MADS INK’s iconic group MADMED will be coming to an end in January. I honestly doubt they’ll be reformed again. MADS INK undeniably sucks at managing their groups. I also feel like it’d be unnecessary, their best lineup was the one from 2023 up to their first disbandment. The change from MAD MEDICINE to MADMED was already unnecessary enough.

Anyways, MADS INK has just revealed the debut lineup for their newest group; Zetsubou Kinema. 

(Left > Right) Yumekui Baku, Koyoi Ui Sanjo, Konari Sigre, Saiyakuno Doku, Itami Tomura

Yumekui Baku (blue)
——————
Koyoi Ui Sanjo (pink)
——————
Konari Sigre (white)
——————
Saiyakuno Doku (green)
——————
Itami Tomura (purple)
——————

Something I do really like about MADS INK is the phenomenal styling and uniqueness of their groups. It’s pretty impressive how all of their groups have such distinct concepts. I do miss when their groups were more electronic than rock, though. But that was more Musukono than MADS INK. 

Zetsubou Kinema’s concept is “Tragicomedy”. From what I can see, their theme is very circus-y - which is a concept I surprising don’t see all that often.

I’m not sure how I feel about their ishou’s, they’re cool but they feel really cluttered. Some parts of some of their ishou’s also feel really out of place compared to everyone else. I think in particular, Sigre having custom colorful leg-warmers when everyone else has black shoes and stuff, and whatever’s going on with Tomura’s outfit. Her whole outfit and silhouette just looks awkward, I don’t know what it is, I think it’s the weird half skirt and pants. 

Anyways, all the members are former members of other groups, which is pretty cool. Sigre and Baku are both former members of DARE MO SHIRANAI and Ketulo, Doku’s a former member of Dura Moon, and Tomura and Ui are both former ADOMIO and Urei Tomurai members. 

My oshi is probably Baku, although I’m not sure yet. Baku’s a really pretty girl! From the one video posted of the group, I like her personality. But there’s not much content about them yet, so my oshi might change as I know more about the group. 

Sigre’s also a contender for my oshi. Did you know she knows how to play bass? Shes a cool girl!

Zetsubou Kinema released their first song ‘Zetsubou Heroine Club’ in the form of an animated lyric video. It’s honestly really good, I like it a lot. Their vocals sound really good. I wonder who’s screaming? They’re good at it, they remind me of Homura from MAZARI. 

 

I do hope they release an actual MV with everyone, though. I just want more content of the girls LOL, I wish MADS INK posted more content about their groups in general. 

Overall, I’m really excited for their debut. I think these five have a lot of potential to get big in the alternative idol sphere. I will definitely be following them as they grow! I recommend you do too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idol Battle Alive 2026 ~ Episode 2 In Review

To recap your memory, in the last episode we got to know four out of the nine groups participating in this year's Idol Battle Alive. Ido...