Thursday, May 23, 2024

'Trick or Pop' Halloween themed idols

Halloween is soon! Well, not really, but October is close enough for me to start listening to halloween themed music for the next few months! Today I'd like to talk about the halloween themed idol group Panic Monster !n Wonderland, or PaniMon for short. 


Panic Monster !n Wonderland is, as I mentioned, a halloween themed group. They describe their sound as Trick or Pop, with a variety of sounds from cute to cool! They are under the company KABUKIMONO'DOGs, which has some other cool looking idol groups that I may get into in the future. They debuted on October 31st 2022 and are currently an eight member group. They debuted with 7 members, Melmo (red), Koyori (green), Naru (orange), Yuyuka (yellow), Tane (purple), Nana (blue), and Rika (pink). On January 25th, 2023, Ui (light blue) and Kagura (white) joined. Rika then withdrew on March 22nd due to health issues. A little later on May 17th, Aori (black) joined. On December 12th, Kagura left to spend more time with her family, and that has been the end of the line-up changes! Except that Yuyuka announced that she would be graduating on May 30th of this year, and there is a possibility of a new member(s) joining. 

The video that led me to discovering this fun group was the music video for their song Mash Mallow. Its probably my favorite song by them. It is defiantly a more simple MV, but a cute one nonetheless. I will admit I smiled every time Naru came on screen. She's absolutely adorable and just seems like such a bundle of joy. Aori was pretty cute too, as a matter of fact, all of the members are cute! PaniMon won the visual lottery I suppose. 

Another song I liked was Western Candy. It shows the more cool side to PaniMon. The MV for it was super fun and unserious, the battle scene between a man with a mask that covers his face and the PaniMon members made me laugh. Its genuinely the most fun MV I've watched in a good while. I really liked the cowgirl outfits that were featured in the song. Nana was especially energetic and cute in this MV. So was Naru, but maybe I'm biased because she's my oshi. 

PaniMon is a very underrated group that anyone who liked energetic halloween-y music should check out. Thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idol Battle Alive 2026 ~ Episode 2 In Review

To recap your memory, in the last episode we got to know four out of the nine groups participating in this year's Idol Battle Alive. Ido...