I want to start this article off by correcting my last post talking about these groups, particularly how I introduced Chiitan Bombers’s lineup. Turns out, Shinomiya Anri silently left the group waayyy before I even wrote that article. She apparently left the group sometime before October of 2025 to focus on her studies. I also didn’t mention the candidate girls at all.
Anyways, during the past 6-ish months since I wrote my initial article, I’ve actually became very attached to Chiquita and Chiitan Bombers. I really just love these girls and their performances. Normally I’m not too interested in groups that don’t have much original music and mainly perform covers, but these groups are just different, okay?! Their concerts are always so fun and lively, and I don’t think there’s a single member that doesn’t have their own unique charm, including the 21 OSK kids!!
Both of their lineups have stayed pretty much the same since January, but there’s been a few changes. For instance, back in April Aoba Eika, who originally joined Chiitan Bombers as a candidate member, was promoted to being a full member! She became the new blue representative and oldest member.
Also in April, Chiitan Bombers OSK released their first original song, Meteor Diamond. It’s very cute! I hope to hear more original tunes from them. All their vocals combined are very nice to listen to. This song has a super youthful and sweet sound, and it’s much calmer than Chiquita and Chiitan Bombers debut songs. If you like calmer youthful idol songs, then this song is a necessary listen.
A little before that, Chiquita also revealed a new original song, Dekiai Honey Fall. It’s not on streaming services other than YouTube I don’t think, but it is also a very good song. This song matches Chiquita’s energy as a group so well. It has a powerful but catchy sound, and it’ll definitely get stuck in your head!Moving on to some more Chiquita news, a little while ago, Rinku announced she’d be graduating from the group sometime in October. It’s quite sad news, but it makes sense. Having to travel from Gunma to Akihabara every week has got to be kind of a pain. Plus she’s still in school, and if idol activities are gonna cut into anyone’s education, it's the girl who travels for two hours from Gunma to Tokyo every week. Still though, it’ll be sad seeing her go. She feels like such an essential part to Chiquita’s group harmony. She’s funny, energetic, and her recent bob haircut makes her stand out even more. I’ll definitely be sure to cherish her for the few months we can still see her active.
And now, we’re finally getting to the real recent pieces of news that made me what to write this. A week or two ago, Chiquita revealed a new member; Tsubaki Miyu, in charge of light blue. She’s a cutie, I can’t lie. I’m looking forward to seeing her perform!
But she isn’t the only new member…
Because just today, Chiquita announced that Cocomi Coco would be joining as their pink representative! Cocomi Coco from Chiitan Bombers! When I first saw the announcement, I was convinced this was just a joke or something for a one-time performance. But then a few minutes later I saw Coco’s tweet announcing that she’d be graduating from Chiitan Bombers and joining Chiquita.
Furthermore, Himekawa Moe and Aoba Eika also announced they’d be graduating Chiitan Bombers and continuing their activities elsewhere. Moerun’s joining Meno New Year, and Eika’s joining Cerisier. Both of these are groups I’ve been aware of but I’ve never really gotten into either of them. Maybe this is my sign to start following these groups? I want to keep supporting Moerun and Eika outside of Chiitan Bombers!And that’s all the news I have for you today. The Coco, Moerun, and Eika announcements were all announced today, their final performance with seven members being on July 16. Honestly I’m having a hard time comprehending the fact that Chiitan Bombers is gonna be four members. Hopefully they’ll add some new girls, maybe even promote some of the candidate girls. But regardless, I’m looking forward to the future of Chiitan Bombers and Chiquita!
No comments:
Post a Comment