Thursday, August 27, 2026

KOGYARU And Company

I've been an on-and-off fan of kids fashion magazines for a while now, my second article on this blog was about the magazine line known as Cuugal! I check in on them occasionally, but since most of my favorite girls have left and pursued careers elsewhere I haven't been as into kids fashion magazine lines as I used to be. 

In the past couple months though, I've taken a liking to the kids magazine line and music group KOGYARU, the younger sister of the very popular egg magazine franchise managed by HJ. KOGYARU is one of those groups I've been aware of for a while, but never paid much attention to until recently. I'm not really one for the gyaru aesthetic, and to be honest I don't really like a lot of their older music. They used to make more rap-y music, which is a sound I've never been super into. Luckily, their music has seriously improved in production and is much better to listen to now. I also have to admit that this group has some super cute girls. I particularly have my eyes on Riripi (arguably their most popular member) and Yuuka (who unfortunately doesn't have a ton of screen time). Here's the music video for their most recent tune Tropical Shake, which is one of their best in my opinion.

Next, I want to talk about their rival magazine, Natuul. Natuul is KOGYARU's more orthodox sister group, having more natural and less intense makeup and hairstyles. I really like the feel of this group, it's much calmer KOGYARU but not to the point of being boring. About a week ago now, they released their debut song Kira-Kira Idol. It's a very nice song to listen to paired with the cutest MV! Theres many nice melodies throughout, and the guitar interlude is done very well. What I like about this song is they actually have all the girls singing (at least I think they do). When it comes to KOGYARU, even though all the girls are featured in the MV only a few sing. This song is a nice change of pace from that! Before they released the MV, they made their singing debut at Kids All Star which I really enjoyed. I'm looking forward to the future of Natuul, they will go far!

Since Fall 2025 and onwards, there's been a number of smaller idol groups made up of the KOGYARU and Natuul girls. The first group to be formed was HimeLove in October of 2025, a princess themed idol unit. Their original lineup consists of Riripi (pink), Shiina Mashiro (white), Natsume Larissa (purple), Hanatani Kanna (yellow), and Aoi Ayana (green). Ayana went on an indefinite hiatus on April 3, 2026, and later left the group on May 10. New members Hasumi Sean (orange) and Maede Runa (light blue) soon joined, and the group has continued as six since. Many of their songs have gotten popular on social media sites, they're an essential listen for any idol fan! Their most recent release, Pipite Patto, is a very cute and easy to listen to sleepover themed song with an even cuter MV. I want everyone in the world to see the princesses of HimeLove!

The second group to be formed was MiraQle in April 2026. MiraQle is a five member pastry chef themed idol group formed by unsuccessful contestants of HimeLoves new member audition project. Their lineup consists of Annie (green), Aizawa Nayu (red), Miimi (pink), Oodomi Rumina (blue), and Ruripi (yellow). They just released their second digital single, Wrap Wrap Wrap. It's a very good song with a lot of cute shots in the MV. Even though they've only released two songs, MiraQle's discography is already pretty good. Please give them a watch!

The final group I want to tell you about today is a duo formed by KOGYARU member Yunachi and KOGYARU alumni Ryua, NIC♡RY (pronounced Nicori). They're a rap duo formed to spread a new-generation wave of PEACE through the world. As I mentioned before with KOGYARU, I'm not typically much of a rap listener. But their debut song, titled PEACE, is dangerously addictive. The chorus is super catchy and bound to get stuck in your head, and the MV is a very fun watch. If you're looking for a new song to cheer you up when you're feeling down, NIC♡RY's "PEACE" is a perfect fit. 

Those are all the groups and songs I have for you today. Hopefully, you found a new tune to enjoy. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idol Battle Alive 2026 ~ Episode 2 In Review

To recap your memory, in the last episode we got to know four out of the nine groups participating in this year's Idol Battle Alive. Ido...