Misola de Edison was one of the very first alternative groups to catch my eye back in 2022-ish. Reika had me absolutely enamored back then. Shes just so pretty, and good at singing and dancing, and everything about her is so freaking cool. Unfortunately, Misola is long gone and I miss them dearly. A little while after their disbandment, Seren and Daria formed Susie’s Ephemeral, which later became DIAVEL. And while I do like them, their stuff just doesn’t hit how Misola hits.
A year ago now, Reika and Pet formed Re;Viral. Unfortunately, there is basically zero content on them. No new music, no live videos, I don’t even think they have a YouTube. Basically nothing other than a Twitter account they update every few months. Because of this, I drifted away from the Misola girls and gave my attention to other groups.
That is until DaTuRa was formed. Not only do they feature Pet and Reika, but Reika is their freaking producer!! How cool is that? I just know this group is gonna be good. Just look at this lineupp!! THEY’RE SO COOL!!
These girls are all so sick, 4/5 of them have experience in other groups! Obviously there’s Pet & Reika who were in Misola, but then there’s Ao who was in Akatsuki/Antithese, and Ema who was in Priciere. Kanon is the only one to not have any prior idol experience.
A TikTok video showcasing the members went a sorta viral, so now their fanbase is like gaijin-dominated (sorry Japanese fans). Ao seems to be the fan favorite, which makes sense as she’s objectively stands out the most. Many people have said she looks like Kaiser from Bluelock, an anime I haven’t watched but I know many have. And not only does Ao remind the TikTok user base of fictional characters, but the other members ring some bells as well. Kanon apparently looks like Honami and Mizuki, both from Project Sekai. Many people have said Pet looks like Misa from Deathnote and Mami from Madoka Magica. Actually, a surprisingly amount of people have said that the group looks like the Madoka Magica girls. I didn’t really make that connection when I first saw them, but I do kind of see it. Kind of.
I haven’t looked a ton into the lyrics yet, but just watching the MV I can already understand the general storyline. Two kids enter this strange house and meet the DaTuRa girls. The girls proceed to play with these kids, guiding them throughout the house, giving them treats, etc. But it’s clear the girls aren’t just doing this out of the goodness of their heart, they’re manipulating the kids. As the song goes on, their methods get harsher and harsher. And by the end of it, the kids become their servants and are conditioned to treat the girls as royalty.
This group has a lot going for them, I’m really excited to see what they make going forward. Seeing Reika not just join but PRODUCE an idol group is such a dream come true. Hearing her and pet sing together again is so wonderful. And the other members too?! They’re all so cool. This group seriously has the potential to become the next MAD MEDICINE, and I don’t say that lightly. I will definitely stick around to see how this group develops!






No comments:
Post a Comment